5 days/4 nights guided tour
This short holiday is the ideal opportunity to explore Puglia and its culinary tradition!
Apulian food is authentic and yet surprising because it is still based on recipes that have not changed in many generations. In a familiar atmosphere, we will teach you how to prepare typical Apulian dishes with local and seasonal ingredients. Puglia cuisine has so many ways to cook legumes and vegetables that they aren’t only used as a side dish, but as a complete meal. That is why it is an ideal cuisine also for vegetarians.
Enjoy yourself while taking a hands-on cooking class and then discover Puglia with our personalized excursions.
Once you have learned Apulian culinary delights, you will realize that you can't live without them!
We will personally accompany you through this wonderful experience!
Day 1 Arrival in Puglia – Turi
Arrival to Bari or Brindisi airport. You will be met by our Travel Director and you will be transferred from airport to your accommodation with private car.
In the afternoon we will have a relaxing walk through the historical center of Turi, a little town famous for cherries production.
Welcome dinner based on Apulian food and wine.
Day 2 Cooking lesson 1 – Bari
In the morning your first Apulian cooking experience will begin!
With your Travel Director you will take a little walk in the city center to buy all the ingredients you will need for the cooking class. You will visit the butchers, bakers and farmers which Apulian people buy their ingredients from.
During this hands-on experience, you will learn how to prepare a complete Italian meal. For lunch you will eat your Apulian culinary creations paired with local wine.
In the afternoon we will go to Bari, Puglia's capital city. You will admire the ancient Swabian castle, the waterfront and the famous Basilica of St. Nicholas.
Along Bari’s stylish boulevards and city streets, you can find shops with prestigious and high fashion designers. Bari is ideal for shopping! Free time for yourself and dinner on your own.
Day 3 Cooking Lesson 2 - Alberobello
After breakfast we will start our second cooking class, where you can learn other traditional Apulian recipes.
After your Italian lunch, we will visit Alberobello, a UNESCO World Heritage Site since 1996 for its famous Trulli. They are ancient houses with a round shape and conical roof, with pinnacle on the top, only built with dry stones in 13th century. Free time for yourself and dinner on your own.
Day 4 Cooking Lesson 3 - Polignano a Mare
After breakfast we will start our third cooking class, where you can learn other traditional Apulian recipes.
In the afternoon we will go to Polignano a Mare, a characteristic Mediterranean fishing village that stands on a rocky cliff overlooking the sea. We will walk through the historical downtown with its houses and terraces directly overlooking the sea and we will visit one of the most important “Gelateria” in the town. Here you can taste a delicious hand-made ice cream.
Free time for your relaxation and dinner at your leisure.
Day 5 Departure - Transfer to the airport
The Travel Director will provide you with the final hotel check-out and personally escort you to the airport.
Included in this tour:
Accommodation: 4 nights breakfast included. We have carefully selected comfortable and typical accommodations, to give to you the best hospitality. We will take care of every detail making your holiday in Puglia unforgettable.
- 3 cooking classes where you can learn how to cook different Italian meals based on Apulian traditional recipes.
- Meals: 3 lunches and 1 dinner. Beverage included: water, wine and coffee.
- Hand-made ice cream tasting
- 4 guided sightseeing
- Transfer: all transfers to and from your accommodation and during the excursion as per itinerary. Transfers to and from the airport.
- Private driver and car
- English speaking guide
- Services of a friendly, experienced English speaking Travel Director who will accompany you during the all tour. Meet local people.
- Free apron and cooking utensils
- All ingredients for your cooking classes
- VAT Tax and Hotel City tax included.
- Flights from/to your home city.
- Beverage and meals where not mentioned in itinerary.
- Extra service in the rooms (pay tv, minibar...)
- Optional activities and all personal expenses.
- All that is not mentioned in the program.
Some of our optional activities
- Visit to a Mozzarella factory
- Visit to an olive oil mill and tasting Apulian extra virgin olive oil
- Wine tasting in a local winery;
- Visit to Castellana’s Caves and discover incredible underground karst caves formed by rainwater in the course of the centuries
- Visit to Castel del Monete (UNESCO Site)
- Visit to Matera (UNESCO Site)
- Golf experience in a 18 holes championship course bordering the crystal blue of the Adriatic Sea and among ancient and beautiful olive trees.
Price per person starting from Euro 1.190,00
The price is customized based on final accommodation choices, travel dates and other custom preferences.
The Client is required to pay a deposit of 30% of total amount per person per trip for the booking to be confirmed (not refundable).
The balance, 70% of total amount per person, will be paid within 30 days before arrival date in Puglia.
Acceptance of booking
When the Tour Operator receives the Client transfer, the Tour Operator will accept the Client booking and the Tour Operator will issue a confirmation invoice.
Payment of the balance of the trip price is due 30 days before the departure date.
If this balance is not paid on or before the due date, the Tour Operator reserves the right to cancel the booking.
If the Client cancels some or all portions of the booking cancellation fees will apply. A cancellation will only be effective when the Tour Operator receives written confirmation of the cancellation.
If the Client cancels a trip:
- After the Client has made the final payment, 50% of the full payment will be reimbursed.
- Less than 5 days before arrival date, the Tour Operator will retain 100% of the total price of entire trip booked.
- Any reduction in the duration of the stay will be considered a cancellation.
- In the event of a “no show” or early departure, the Tour Operator will retain a penalty of 100% of the entire trip booked.
If the Client abandons a trip for any reason after its commencement, the Tour Operator is not obliged to make any refunds.
For further information, please don't hesitate to contact us.